Here’s a Little Bit About Cranberry Township
Sherwood Oaks is located in Cranberry Township; a vibrant community just north of Pittsburgh.
Here are some of its features:
- Cranberry Community Park, Sportsplex at Graham Park, North Boundary Park, Rotary Dog Park, Skate Park Waterpark
- An extensive public library that welcomes over 182,000 visitors each year. This public library supplements the Sherwood Oaks library, which contains over 7,000 volumes.
- Athletic associations for baseball, football, soccer, and softball
- Cranberry Highlands Golf Course
- A stunning 186-acre, par 70 course featuring 90 deeply sculpted sand bunkers and water hazards with more than 70 separate tee areas. Residents of this retirement community in Pennsylvania qualify for both senior citizen and resident discounts.
Although experiencing a great deal of growth over the past 30 years, Cranberry still has a small-town feel. One reason for the Township’s tremendous growth is its location.
Serving as the intersection of Interstate 76 (the Pennsylvania Turnpike) and Interstate 79, Routes 19 and 228, Sherwood Oaks is accessible from virtually anywhere. The completion of Interstate 279 cut travel time to Pittsburgh to under half an hour.
In addition to its proximity to the city of Pittsburgh, Sherwood Oaks is just minutes from The Cranberry Mall.
Sherwood Oaks is located just 23 miles north of downtown Pittsburgh, close enough to offer access to all Pittsburgh has to offer; but removed enough to provide a safe, naturally beautiful community setting.
The City of Pittsburgh Features
Due to its low cost of living, a flourishing environment of arts and culture, unparalleled resources in the field of medicine, and world-renowned colleges and universities, Pittsburgh offers a wealth of resources and opportunities for everyone.
Bus transportation to Pittsburgh from Sherwood Oaks is available every Tuesday. Buses to Downtown Pittsburgh’s Cultural District are also available as needed on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Learn more about activities and restaurants in Pittsburgh through the tourism site visit Pittsburgh.