People never stop learning, especially at retirement communities in pa. So it’s no surprise that one of the early innovations made by Sherwood Oaks residents was to begin a Continued Learning program. Continued Learning offers a free series of discussions, programs, lectures and demonstrations designed to provide a forum for continued personal learning, growth and development. Classes are offered in the Spring and Fall at this retirement community pa, and are presented in the Sherwood Oaks auditorium.
We’ve developed a list of the ten most popular classes. We only have room for five in this blog. Look for the rest of the list in an upcoming blog about this retirement community pa.
1. Careers – This top-attended program features a resident or guest who leads an informative discussion about their celebrated profession.
2. Current Affairs – University professors and other experts are invited to share timely information covering diverse topics including Understanding Marcellus Shale, Afghanistan, and The Taliban.
3. Historical Subjects – The historian in all of us gets a chance to hear accurately researched presentations covering exciting local, national and world historical perspectives.
4. Music – The more leisurely minded enjoy music in their life and programs such as The Art of Listening to Music and Symphonic Music presentations.
5. Travel – Experience first-hand accounts about unique travel destinations, cultures and artifacts as well as valuable travel insights.
Sherwood Oaks is a not for profit senior living retirement community in pa located in Cranberry Twp. – just north of Pittsburgh. We were designed and developed by private citizens who would later become our first residents. In 1986 Sherwood Oaks affiliated with North Hills Passavant Hospital (later to become UPMC Passavant Hospital), and we became a part of UPMC in 2002.
Each year, anywhere from 30 to 50 seniors move to Sherwood Oaks. In this current fiscal year 37 seniors have already moved in, and 10 more have set moving dates between now and June 30th.
It is interesting to look at the demographics of the people who live at this retirement community in pa. For example, although most residents are female (statistically, women outlive men), during this year at Sherwood Oaks, 54% of new residents are men. Nearly half of all residents previously lived in the northern suburbs of Pittsburgh, although only 6% are from Cranberry Twp. itself. Approximately 25% move to Sherwood Oaks from out of state, as they are returning to Pittsburgh to be closer to family and health care.
Would you like to move to this retirement community in pa, Sherwood Oaks? Call (800) 642-2217 to schedule a time to tour our patio home residences. We would love to see you here.